Winner: Green Award for Sustainability 2015

Winner: Green Award for Sustainability 2015
May 2015: Target Worm Counts, the Winner of the Green Award for Sustainability 2015, joined by Gracie

Monday 21 October 2013

1st Shift at Cheltenham Animal Shelter

21st October 2013

Small Animal Cleaning

So I managed to get myself out of bed despite it being pitch black outside, cold and hammering it down with rain. Once I was up and out the house I was wide awake and raring to go. I arrived at the shelter just before 8.30 and was shown where all the equipment was kept to clean out the small animals. The shelter has 9 rabbits all together and they are all adorable and all available for adoption.
Today was a deep clean day (Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays) so all the bedding and newspaper needed to be removed and litter trays cleaned. All the rabbits have toys to play with and keep them occupied. It must be boring staying in the same place all day! The enclosures are spacious, with impressive hutches, with a nest box which is dark and cosy so it resembles a burrow. I made sure that all were fed (1/2 a scoop of rabbit pellets twice daily) and had water. It was definitely good exercise having to keep standing up and crouching!

Here are just a few pictures of the flopsies I met:

Bubble



This is Nick, He was my favourite! He just loved fuss! <3

I wish I didn't have other things to do today, I would have stayed there longer and helped out more!



No comments:

Post a Comment