Winner: Green Award for Sustainability 2015

Winner: Green Award for Sustainability 2015
May 2015: Target Worm Counts, the Winner of the Green Award for Sustainability 2015, joined by Gracie

Wednesday 6 November 2013

A tribute

You may remember a few weeks ago I posted about my mums horse, Rosie, who had been diagnosed with Cushings Disease.
Unfortunately on Friday 1st November 2013, Rosie was put to sleep.
The decision was made as it was a question of quality of life. Going into the winter she had already dropped weight and the medication hadn't had any effect and due to her laminitis, when out to graze she had to wear a grazing muzzle.

It wasn't an easy decision but she was graceful, as always, all the way to the end.

Rosie is the inspiration for why I wanted to become and equine veterinary surgeon. Through her I learnt all I know about horses, horse husbandry skills and how to ride. She will be greatly missed by all and will never be forgotten.

R.I.P. old girl, go and gallop in the great big field in the sky <3

It's not going to be easy to become a vet, money is going to be a big hurdle to overcome, as the government don't fund 2nd degrees. But I'm determined. There is always a way.

'You are the only one that can limit your own success'

No comments:

Post a Comment